Tuesday, December 16, 2008

On Thatha's rememberence...after his death!



Respectful homage to my dear Thatha

Life has been a means of learning from this great man...all through my life! He has truly lived till his last breath without giving any sort of problem to the people around him. A man...who lived active all through his life. Being the third son in the family he is the only person who was very much responsible with all his blood relations. He was a good son...good father...lovely Grandfather and a good Great grandfather as well!

Sometimes we feel why are we missing so many moments in life being helpless. Living so many miles away when your dear ones are breathing their last few minutes...you are just helpless spending your time by thinking about them...That's life! I was in a deep sleep on Sunday - Dec 14, 2008 morning until i got a call from my sister about my Grandfather's death around 5.15. Never expected one...as he was active till Dec 14 morning. He fell down and had a stroke and my family knew about it after taking him to the doctor. He had his food in the hospital and slept...and there ends his life in sleep around 3.20 pm IST Dec 14, 2008. Good for him as he did not suffer much...Thank god for giving him a peaceful death compared to so many people who have suffered much during their last days.

About his character...a very straight forward person who calls a spade a spade! This shows his honesty towards everything in life. Sometimes...people think that why he is so straigtforward...however...this quality he possess is better than people who beat around the bush:)!

The most Charismatic person i have met ever in my life is... my Thatha! I wonder how a person who is more than 90 years old had charisma to that extent...unbelievable! I think...he was good to everyone in his life to an extent and know better about self and like the way he is...being himself! Above all...a blessed soul i should say...passing away peacefully finishing off all his duties in life. He was also blessed by the almighty to lead his life till his Kanakabhishegam and also bless all his 3 sons 60th B'day. Not only that... Thatha prayed for everybody's well-being till he lived.

A person who has seen five generations would have definitely seen everything in life...Ups and downs,experience with many people around him and what not?! I should tell about the disciplined life he led all through his life. Discipline in every aspect...be it leading a simple life, having proper restricted food, mingling with people or the kind of love and affection he had for the people around him. He was a retired school teacher...may be that has taught him a lot of stuff! I still wonder how one of my Thatha's student had a deep respect for him. He used to take my Thatha's blessings for everything in his life. Even his children who are grown up now had a deep respect for my Thatha.

Most of his life has been in manual way than the machine one...what i mean here is...we travel by two wheeler or 4 wheeler nowadays and wish to have a luxurious life. He was happy with the way he lived...walking, travelling by bus and train was his way of living. May be in the recent past...he was not let to do all that and people around him wished that he also should not strain himself at this age. A few years back he used to walk around 3-4 kms from our home to our peripa's house every now and then. Bus frequencies were less and hence he used to walk all the way. Nowadays...we are not even able to think about walking for such a long distance. He managed to do all of that in those days.

Days with Thatha

My Thatha used to take me to School everyday when i was at class V . I studied at KV Island Grounds which was quite far from Madipakkam...infact extreme end i should say. He should have been 75 at that time. Every day morning he used to drop me at school travelling by bus and train and evening my mom used to bring me back. This happened for about a year and he managed to drop me at school for about a year till i changed my school.

I can never forget the Vijayaganapathi temple where he used to pay for archana every month on SangadaChaturthi for the entire family and i used to take him to the temple in my two-wheeler to collect prasadam. He also asks me to take me to Bank, post office and other places if he has any work in my two-wheeeler. I am blessed to do all of that to my Thatha. Till his 80's he used to actively involved in gardening at our house. He also covers all our books before the school reopens during our school days. One thing that anybody can observe is his perfection in whatever he does...be it keeping his cloth shelf or maintaining his belongings, diaries, etc everything used to be neat and tidy.

We are blessed to see his Kanakabhishegam in July 2007. This was one occassion which everybody wouldn't get and we are happy and so much blessed to see this. Above all...seeing the moment with both Thatha and Patti together is something great! I remember one interesting incident near the Function hall after the Kanakabhishegam took place...the school teachers and maids in the nearby school came to take blessings from my grandparents without even knowing who they were. Since it was a rare moment people voluntarily came to take blessings! Only then i came to know about the Kanakabhishegam's real impact!

I like him so much and feel for only thing that happened...i was not able to see his face at last! All my cousins and family members were blessed to see his face at last...am the only person who was not able to see his face finally. I feel so much for this only reason...am otherwise okay that he passed away peacefully without any problems. He is undoubtedly a blessed soul in this earth as everybody says! I pray to god that my patti be given strength in every possible way to lead a life with his rememberence.

0 comments: