Wednesday, May 27, 2009

On Paati’s Rememberence…After her death!



I just wrote about my Thatha a few months back and now my Paati is no more! Quite shocking, however, felt she is a blessed soul again like my Thatha. She fell down when she was back from the restroom and there ends her life on May 20, 2009 9 pm IST.

It is so paining that I couldn’t see her face at last and living so many miles away has lot of disadvantages in emergencies. I wanted to talk to her and something in me was telling me that I should call and talk to her. Somehow, I missed it! I have no reasons for this. I had a hatredness towards myself that why the hell did I not call up? Sometimes in life, you should do things immediately when you feel like, otherwise you end up in never doing at all and repend for it for the lifetime. Calling up your dear ones whenever you feel like talking to them is not a big deal, however, I did not even do that! You feel for a few things for the entire life and this is one for me.

Paati has always been kind and good to everybody in our family. She has been a great and sensible lady throught out her life. Flexibility to any kind of family style made her to blend with the entire family – This includes all her three Sons.

She was a good artist. May be she did not develop the talent to that extent. She was also good at Origami and for her level of education in those days, she used to read English, Hindi and Tamil all the three languages. Not an avid reader though! Tamil and English are okay. I thought reading Hindi was a bit difficult in those days without formal training.

I should definitely be thankful to Paati for being one of my Maanasika Guru in learning Lalitha Sahasarnamam. When i started to learn i thought, it is going to be difficult than Vishnu Sahasarnamam, however, things changed once i think about how my paati and another family friend of ours used to recite in their own way. You get inspired by a few people in your life for many different things. Paati was one among them for me. Atlast, i myself couldn't believe how i was able to get the hang of it. I thought considering somebody as your Maanasika Guru definitely makes a difference. Kandha Sashti Kavasam was one which she taught sitting with us (me and sister) way back. Thanks for spreading a few good things about what you learnt - Paati.

I can never forget the days when my Paati used to give curd rice with Maavadu to all of us – This includes my cousins as well. Lovely and great moments with her that I can always treasure for the entire life.

There were tough times in her life and she has done so much for the family and relations in the earlier days of her life. Off late, she had problems in the hip and leg as she fell down quite a few times here and there. Inspite of all this hardships, she was strong and never used to express her feelings out. Her patience and tolerance level is impeccable I should say! Admire her for these two wonderful qualities. She has been very strong even in tough times in her life.

Anyways, I felt she was not bedridden and suffer for a long time. Those sufferings are still more worser. When I think all of that, I think god has taken her or rather she has joined my Thatha soon after my Thatha passed away. According to me they both are a few among the blessed souls on the earth.

I must thank my Mother and Perima who have served her offlate for her health conditions. For the past 4.5 years she has not been able to walk properly. All the credits to them for having taking care of her without much snag .

Thatha and Paati – You both are definitely special to me as always. Your memories will always stay with me.

2 comments:

Indu said...

Was touched by this post

Sumi said...

Excellent post di!!

As you say, that generation stands as an example of so many virtues!! Don't know if we will ever be able to match them when we reach their age...